The four major files (not the Leaderboard one) have been updated in the Stats section, finally. Many apologies for the long neglect.
Interesting tidbits from those pages:
blog comments powered by
- The A's offensive MVP to date is Bobby Kielty, which should come as no surprise.
- The A's offensive LVP is Eric Chavez, which is also no surprise. There are only so many bases-loaded strikeouts a guy can have before his numbers really start to suffer.
- The most valuable pitcher has been Rich Harden, which means his injury only hurts that much more.
- The least valuable pitcher has been Joe Blanton, but that's with one huge drag due to his last game against the Devil Rays. Just above him is Juan Cruz, who's my real candidate for LVPitcher.
- Huston Street, it's becoming clearer and clearer, is the A's best pitcher in the bullpen. Forget closer. Give him the ace reliever role, letting him work jams in whatever innings they arise.
- The A's are on pace to lose anywhere from 99 to 105 games. No comment needed.