By Jason Wojciechowski on July 20, 2008 at 9:03 PM
What'd I say about those European dollars? Primoz Brezec is headed to Rome to play in Euroleague with Virtus Roma after playing for seven years in the NBA. Brezec wasn't, to my knowledge, ever talked about as a Laker target, but I'd put him on this list because I thought he could be a solid backup big for the team if he could come cheaply enough. The story linked above doesn't mention money, so it's hard to tell what kind of offers he might have turned down in the U.S. from the teams I'd seen him linked to: Seattle, Chicago, and Miami.
The updated free agent target list:
Ronny Turiaf-- four years, $17 million, Golden State James Posey-- Hornets, four years, $25 million
- DJ Mbenga -- waiting for the phone to ring, I'm sure
Corey Maggette-- five years, $50 million, Golden State
- Sun Yue -- Kupchak wants to bring him over, but no word yet on a deal
- Kurt Thomas -- Spurs are his first choice? Lakers?
Brent Barry-- two years, $3.9 million, Houston Craig Smith-- two-year deal to return to Minnesota
- Carl Landry -- qualifying offer extended by Houston
- Walter Herrmann -- big European money on the table? back to Detroit?
- Randolph Morris -- Atlanta?
- Kwame Brown -- Bucks, Heat, Hawks apparently interested
Eduardo Najera-- undisclosed deal with the Nets
- Juwan Howard -- ?
- Robert Horry -- not retiring; Spurs or Rockets?
- Francisco Elson -- Denver, New Jersey, Seattle, Charlotte, Lakers; Miami?
- Theo Ratliff -- back to Detroit?
- Adonal Foyle -- back to Orlando?
- Quinton Ross -- with Brand gone, maybe the Clippers bring him back, but everyone is interested, including Phoenix, Orlando, New Jersey?
- Bostjan Nachbar -- Detroit? With the Nets adding Najera and Jarvis Hayes, does that mean no room for Nachbar?
- Dorell Wright -- qualifying offer from Miami
- Sasha Vujacic -- qualifying offer from the Lakers
Patrick O'Bryant-- two years, $3 million, Celtics
- David Harrison -- Denver?
- Chris Andersen -- probably not Boston after signing O'Bryant; Cleveland? back to the Nuggets?
Primoz Brezec-- Virtus Roma, Euroleague
- Jorge Garbajosa -- back to Europe?