By Jason Wojciechowski on May 22, 2015 at 8:09 PM
My prediction on the next players to go from the 40-man as space is needed, updated in quasi-real time.
Andy Parrino has been added to the 40-man roster, and the A's haven't been shy about taking him off the roster before.
- Andy Parrino: See above. He is a fine platoon option with Eric Sogard, I suppose, if you don't have Ben Zobrist, but the A's do have Ben Zobrist.
- Arnold Leon: He can be outrighted, I think, and the A's didn't seem to seriously consider giving him a shot to stick in the majors when they called him up for his one game in Anaheim earlier in the year.
- Angel Castro: The newest A's reliever could be the newest ex-A's reliever pretty quickly, depending on how things go.
- Ryan Cook: If he doesn't figure out how to throw a baseball where he wants to throw a baseball, he might find himself flat-out cut.
- Max Muncy: I think can also be outrighted if need be.
- Mark Canha: He's had a hot start, so it feels weird to have him listed here at all, but the fact remains that he's a Rule 5 player, so if the A's are in the race and feel they can't deal with him in the majors anymore, he'll be gone entirely, not just optioned.